STP Launch Party - For all those going to STP or considering, come here more about the summer, get trained on how to raise support and apply to work at Wal-Mart.
STP Launch Party Details
The Launch Party is only 4 days away! This party is required for all students attending the STP, and allows us to share more information about the summer and our caravan to Myrtle Beach.
- 2 pm start time, this Sunday, April 2nd
- Bethlehem Baptist Downtown Campus (directions here)
You will need to prepare these things ahead of time.
- Get the names and phone numbers of the managers you have had at your last three jobs. You can use this form to help gather that info.
[Note: you won't be able to edit the form. You must go to file > make copy, and then edit the copy.]
- Bring your Social Security Card and Driver's License. Please note that this is different than other emails we have sent. We need a physical copy of both documents.
- Read Philippians 4 three times to prepare your heart.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early and please account for traffic getting to the church.
What to Bring:
- Social Security Card
- Driver's License
- Computer + Charger
- Notebook + Pen
If you have any questions throughout the decision process, talk to a staff person on your campus or email the project director, Reid Jilek.
What Dates do I need to know?
MAR 23 | Final Application Deadline
MAR 30 | Final STP Commitments due
APR 2| Support Raising Training & Work Applications
MAY 5| Prep Party & Work Interviews
MAY 30 | Leaders depart Minneapolis for Myrtle Beach
JUN 1 | Participants depart Minneapolis for Myrtle Beach
JUN 16 - 18 | Parents Weekend
AUG 3 | All students arrive home to Minneapolis
Need an internship?
We encourage students to have a conversation with their local staff person about jobs/internships this summer. In order to maximize your development and training at project, we recommend first year students to not pursue an internship. If you are a second year student and you are interested in pursuing an internship, the project has several project internships that will help you gain skills and help you reduce the cost of STP.
Find out more and apply here: cominneapolis.org/stpinterns
If your major requires an internship we recommend you still apply to STP, apply for a project internship, or pursue internships in the Myrtle Beach area. There are a number of students in the past who have pursued and found internships in the Myrtle Beach. We recommend you take the initiative and pursue opportunities in Myrtle Beach and work with your local staff person.